This week’s video recap goes old school with my old video set up, sorry, I forgot my HD camera at home. Yahoo had a small, unconfirmed search update. Bing is still spamming us webmasters with fake referrals, I say enough is enough! Google unleashes new penalties, new sitelinks and US results in the UK search engines. SEOMoz released their ranking factors, which our readers find mostly accurate. AdWords tries Sitelinks and new open product ads. I talk about duplicate content issues with print URLs and mobile sites. AdSense allows third party ad networks and has a major PSA bug for five minutes this week. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit “HD.”
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Yahoo Search August 2009 Update
- Microsoft Bing Still Spamming Fake Referrers In Webmaster Log Files
- New Set of Google Penalties & New Siteslinks
- Possible Google Update – August 2009
- Google Tries Same Page Anchor Sitelinks
- What’s Going On With Google UK’s Search Results?
- The Big SEO Ranking Factors List from SEOMoz, Is It Accurate?
- Results Are In: Is SEOMoz’s Ranking Factors Accurate? Mostly, Yes
- Google AdWords Doing Sitelinks Also
- Google AdWords Tests Open Image Product Ads
- SEO & Print URLs
- .ME Domain Names Can Now Be Geo Targetted In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google AdSense Welcomes Third-Party Ad Networks
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs) Ads Showed On All AdSense Sites Yesterday