Does SEO (Search Engine Optimization) get into the technical side of computers or get into concepts that would be too difficult for a complete computer novice to grasp? Are there any websites that offer free basic tutorials to learn it and can you recommend one? Does it require special software or anything?

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Best reply by Will H:

Hi Stardust,

Short answer: No, SEO does not require any technical computer knowledge. It does, however, require some marketing understanding and even a little HTML programming knowledge would give you a great ‘edge’.

Long answer: SEO isn’t something you can learn in say, a week or a month. I’ve done SEO for years and still don’t claim to know it all. It takes constant reading and staying up to date (as with any industry you want to work in).

Luckily, there are plenty of great websites out there that can help you learn 90% of what you need to know. The other 10% is pure creativity required on your part.

As you continue to learn the concepts of SEO, you may want to purchase some additional software that will help you, but there really isn’t any that is required to get started.

Read the original question on Yahoo! site
How simple is SEO for a computer novice?

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This