1. Create a free ebook directory on a specific topic at your web site. People will visit your web site to read the free ebooks and may see your product ad.
This is a great way to attract more orders. Especially if you have an ezine subscribe form and the visitors can sign up. Make sure to have a great ezine description and also only ask for the minimum amount of information that you need so you don’t scare them off.
You can also have people sign up to browse the free directory. This too gets you their email info and you can send your ezine to them. Of course, make sure they know they will be receiving your ezine!
2. Turn part of your web site into a members’ only web site. Instead of charging for access, use it as a free bonus for one of your products.
I do this at my ezine site and it works out well. Subscribers are the only ones that can access the back issues and watch the how-to videos. It is free, but again, I am getting names, email address, and giving a compelling reason to sign up.
3. Add a free classified ad section to your web site. You could then trade banner ads with other web sites that have free classified ad sections.
Since it is a swap; that means people see my ads elsewhere for free and if I don’t have enough ad swaps to fill the spaces, I simply run a text ad for one of my own products.
You can do this on your site or in your ezine. I chose to have 4-6 small ad swaps in my ezine. This gives me a double benefit.
But like the refer-a-friend (see below) you can also find free scripts that will add a classified ad section to your web site. If you have a blog, create a classified ads “page” (Pages are permanent and top-level) instead of adding classifieds to a “post” which doesn’t stay permanently on your home page as new posts are made.
4. Create two versions of your ezine so people can choose if they want ads included with it or not. This’ll attract the people who hate ads to subscribe.
This is easy to do whether or not you are running your ezine from your own autoresponder script or from a service. Creating two forms and two lists is the easiest way to accomplish this.
5. Publish your ezine only on your web site. Have people subscribe to a “new issue” e-mail reminder. This could really increase your traffic and sales.
This is how I used to publish my ezine. Since it has how-to videos, audio and multimedia I would never be able to find a way to get it to all of my subscribers safely through email. (Note: It is a blog now which is even easier!)
I simply send a small email message with a new issue announcement and an overview of what is in the issue.
I have see some other publishers just send out the “it’s ready” message, but I think it is better to at least let the subscriber know what the article titles and the tutorials for the issue are.
You can also add a sponsor ad to the email message, but don’t get carried away with ads in the announcement email.
Maybe something like, “This issue is sponsored by: ‘X’ who are the creators of the best “x” in the world. Please check out their offer.” Or something similar.
Also, make the announcement email in plain text. For now, this is still the easiest way to make sure your subscribers receive the message the way you intended it to be seen.
6. Sell advertising space in your product package. You could sell inserts, flyers, brochures, booklets, and digital ads for electronic products.
Another two-fold benefit. You get the money from the advertisers for the ad plus possibly an affiliate commission or part of every sale.
7. Offer daily or weekly visitor bonuses. This will increase your repeat traffic and sales because your visitors will visit regularly to get the visitor bonuses.
Depending on your site topic you can also use contests and / or online games.
8. Allow people to download software or ebooks from your web site at no cost. Just ask your visitors in return if they’ll refer their friends to your web site.
There are lots of free scripts yu can get to help you implement this. Do a Google search for “refer a friend” scripts. (Or your favorite search engine)
9. Build up the number of people that join your free affiliate program quickly by temporally offering your product for free to the people that sign up.
You can also give signed up affiliates early notice of sales so they can prepare or take advantage of the sale price themselves, and also give them a bigger discount than everyone else.
10. Negotiate with ezine publishers to get free or discounted ads by letting them join your affiliate program and earn commissions on the ad you run.
Use this together with the ad swap idea above and double your money!
I hope this gives you some ideas and some inspiration for what to do to attract a ton more orders to your site.
By: Teri Mramer
About the Author: