The real key with Odesk is that you can get the same "caliber" employee for half the price, or less. This doesn’t always mean you have to go outside the country to find this employee either. Many times the reason you have to pay more for employees, or accept less than steller ones, is because you are limited geographically. Odesk provides you the opportunity to use the services of people from anywhere.
Think about being able to take applications from people all over the world for your online marketing needs….Heck, you can outsource many other things as well: online shopping, email sorting, receptionist, preparing powerpoint presentations.
Of course you need to know how to hire or you will waste a lot of time. Here are the 7 steps you need to make you’re hiring go as smoothly as possible:
- Create an account on Odesk
- Go to ‘My Jobs’, ‘Post a Job’ and enter a specific title and description
- Choose "Hourly" unless you already know how much it should cost (with Hourly you will find out how much that type of work should be done for, but in the future you may want to hire at a Fixed amount until you are familiar with the employee)
- Fill out the rest as you see fit, post the job and then go to "Find Providers"
- Choose about 5 providers by using the search criteria provided and invite them to your job by clicking on the "Interview" button and sending them a short message ( you will get bids from many other providers, and not all of those you invite will bid)
- Give yourself about week to get in bids then choose the best 3-5 candidates and give them a "trial job" – this is very important – don’t expect them all to work out; you should be sure that they are easy to work with and that they work to your standards
- For all employees keep a spreadsheet with their contact info and details about how much they charge, what work they claim to do, what work they’ve done for you and how you liked them, etc. – this makes choosing which ones to keep and which ones to fire much easier
There you have it! It’s not rocket science, but you do have to go through several layers of qualifying to get good people. Just like any employee, you don’t know what you have until you see their work.
Our step-by-step, ‘outsource-ready’, online marketing free website traffic-generating system is available at